Privacy and Data Protection Policy for HubCap Digital
HubCap Digital Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read all of this policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it, and to find out how to opt out of certain features.
Information we may collect from you
We will collect data about you from personal information that you knowingly choose to disclose and from information we collect as you interact on our site. This includes the following:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material, downloading material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them
- details of your visits to our site, and the resources that you access
- when you use our site, you may form relationships, perform searches, use our library and transmit certain information. We collect this information so that we are able to provide you with our service.
- details of any groups you become involved in
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests
- to speed up your searches
- to recognise you when you return to our site
The table below lists all the cookies we use on this website:
|Joomla! session cookie||Randomly generated string||Functional||Session cookie used by Joomla! framework, used by some of our applications. Expires when you close your browser.|
|Google Analytics||__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz||Performance||Used to collect statistics about how visitors use our site.|
|guest_id, _twitter_sess, original_referer, k||Functional, Third-party||Cookies set by Twitter through our Twitter feed. Stores Twitter ID, session ID, session information.|
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We will not disclose the information we hold about you to anybody else, or use your personal data other than in accordance with this paragraph.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- to notify you about changes to our service
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, unless you have chosen NOT to be contacted for such purposes (see also ‘Your rights’, below)
- to send you marketing materials by communications other than those relating to goods or services which you have previously obtained from the Site (see also ‘Your rights’, below)
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in sections 1159-1162 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- to the extent that we need to disclose the information to provide you with services
- for the purpose of processing payments to or from you
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- if HubCap Digital Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
- if we decide make your contact information available to carefully-selected third parties for marketing purposes (see also ‘Your rights’ below)
Please remember that any material you upload to our Site, including personal information and messages, may be available for other users to see. We will do our best to ensure that any privacy options you choose are protected through the software we use, but you should be aware that no security systems are perfect and we cannot guarantee the confidentiality of Your Material. Please also remember that, if you upload Your Material to the Site, and particularly if you consent to any of Your Material being wiki’d, other users may post personal information about you on the Site. While we will remove any such material if it is defamatory, obscene or otherwise grossly offensive, we cannot control what other people may say about you.
You should also understand that, even if material is removed from the Site, it may remain viewable in cached or archived pages or if other users have copied or stored Your Material.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Keeping your information
For legal and accounting reasons, we will keep any information we hold about you for a period of six years after you cease to be a registered user, but we will not use that information for any other purposes.
Access to information
For the purpose of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), the data controller is HubCap Digital Ltd of 1 Oakhill Close, Shenley Church End, Milton Keynes MK5 6JP, UK. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Lindsay Soulsby.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you and this right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Glossary of terms
“We”, “Us” “Our” etc refers to HubCap Digital Limited
“the Site”, “our Site” means http://www.hubcapdigital.com
“the Site Content” means all of the materials on the Site including text, graphics, designs, pictures, video, information, software, applications, music, and sound files
“Your Materials” means any materials of any description (which includes text, graphics, designs, pictures, video, information, software, applications, music, and sound files) which you send us to post, upload, transmit, share or store on the Site
“the Act” means the UK Data Protection Act 1998